Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More on Adam Brown

I forgot Adam Brown has a dual citizenship and Hockey Canada is looking at him as one of the nations best for the upcoming Program of Excellence goaltending camp.




UNDER-20 GOALTENDERS
Jake Allen New Maryland, N.B. Montreal (QMJHL)

Olivier Bellevance-Roy Causapscal, Que. Cape Breton (QMJHL)

Jean-François Bérubé Boisbriand, Que. Montreal (QMJHL)

Adam Brown Kelowna, B.C. Kelowna (WHL)

Gabriel Girard Varennes, Que. Shawinigan (QMJHL)

Matt Hackett London, Ont. Plymouth (OHL)

Martin Jones North Vancouver, B.C. Calgary (WHL)

Edward Pasquale Toronto, Ont. Saginaw (OHL)

Scott Stajcer Cambridge, Ont. Owen Sound (OHL)

Jamie Tucker Victoria, B.C. Vancouver (WHL)

Where does he stand according to my eyes? Lets look at my 2010 Canadian World Junior roster I posted back in January.



Goalies

Jake Allan (Montreal QMJHL)

Edward Pasquale (Saginaw Spirit OHL)

Other Possibilities

Oliver Roy (Cape Breton Screaming Eagles QMJHL)

Michael Hutchinson (Barrie Colts OHL)

Jacob DeSerres (Seattle Thunderbirds WHL)

Nathan Lieuwen (Saskatoon Blades WHL)

Kevin Poulin (Victoriaville Tigres QMJHL)



As I stated in the comment section you can cross DeSerres name off the list. I think Poulin's name is also off the list. I think Hutchinson is outside and looking to get a get invite to the camp in December.

I still feel confident with Allen and Pasquale. You have to think Hackett made a big impression the last half the year. I think Roy has a slim chance.

Brown would easily take DeSerres spot but I don't think he has a real shot of being one of the two netminders with Canada. Just speculation, I think he will end up with a Team USA sweater on his back at IIHF competitions.

USA Hockey is running their own goaltending camp, the Warren Strelow Goaltending Mentor Program, which starts tomorrow and runs until the 31st. It will feature the best goalies in the nation from ages 15 to 18. I will have feature about Matt McNeely and Brian Billett of their experiences at the camp on the Maine Hockey Journal later this week or early next week.

That's My Take

(Nathan also is a writer for Maineiacs Post to Post and the Maine Hockey Journal. He can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: