Regina, SK – Pats owner and Governor Russ Parker announced today a restructuring of the organization that sees Brent Parker relinquish his role as General Manager, a post he has held for fifteen years, and will now assume the role of President and Governor of the Regina Pats.
In his 15 years as G.M., Parker has raised the profile of the Pats and lifted the franchise from an afterthought on the Regina sports scene to one of the premier Junior Hockey franchises in the Western Hockey League and the Canadian Hockey League.
During Brent’s tenure as the General Manager of the Pats the organization has played host to marquee national and international hockey events such as:
· 1998 SaskTel WHL All-Star Classic
· 2001 MasterCard Memorial Cup
· 2004 ADT Canada/Russia Hockey Challenge
· 2010 World Junior Hockey Championships
The Pats have also become a leader on and off the ice during Brent Parker’s time as General Manager:
· 7 NHL 1st round picks (Josh Holden, Derek Morris, Brad Stuart, Barret Jackman, Nick Ross, Jordan Eberle, Colten Teubert)
· Over 30 NHL’ers in total have been produced
· 2 WHL Players of the Year, both hailing from Regina in Josh Harding (2003) and Jordan Eberle (2010)
· 2 WHL Scholastic Players of the Year in Perry Johnson (1995) (Won CHL Award) and Jordan Eberle (2008)
· The Pats have sent nine players to nine different World Junior Hockey Championships (2009, 2010 – Colten Teubert, Jordan Eberle, 2008 – Logan Pyett, 2004 – Josh Harding, 2002 – Garth Murray, 2001, 2000 – Barret Jackman, 1999 – Brad Stuart, Kyle Calder, 1998 – Josh Holden)
· Overall attendance has increased dramatically since Parker has taken over the G.M. reigns increasing by an average of over 2000 fans per game
· The Pats overall record has been 469-436-61-42 with 6-40 win seasons. A winning % of .513
“It has been an honour and a privilege to have been the General Manager of this storied franchise” Commented Brent Parker. “It is time for a new chapter in the Teams history and it’s time for new thoughts and a fresh set of ideas with respect to the hockey operations. I am looking forward to my new role and the challenges that lie ahead”
The process of hiring a replacement to the General Managers chair will begin immediately.
(Nathan also is a writer for Maineiacs Post to Post and the Maine Hockey Journal. He can be reached at email@example.com)
Brandon Dubinsky not a Fan of Mike Reilly
4 hours ago