Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Phantoms Trade for Forward Andrew Sinelli

Press Release

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Youngstown Phantoms have acquired former Dubuque Fighting Saints forward Andrew Sinelli in a trade earlier today. The Phantoms exchanged their third round pick to acquire the Michigan State University commit.

Sinelli is a native of Dexter, MI and in seven games with the Fighting Saints he recorded one goal and 27 penalty minutes. Sinelli was drafted by Dubuque during the 2010 USHL Expansion Draft after playing one season with the Sioux City Musketeers. At 17-years-old Sinelli tallied six goals and eleven assists for a total of 17 points while in a Musketeers uniform.

“I was frustrated to start this season,” said Sinelli. “I struggled only scoring one goal but the fresh start is a great way to clear my mind. It is tough leaving your old teammates but that is part of the game. This move is just more motivation for me to continue to getting better. I am really looking forward to this new opportunity.”

With Andrew LaMont on injured reserve, Sinelli will be placed in the Phantoms lineup almost immediately.

“Andrew adds some experience and depth to our forward unit,” said Head Coach Curtis Carr. “He put up impressive numbers last season as a rookie and we will look for him to be a spark in our system.”

Sinelli described himself as a fast, hard working hockey player.

“I am an all around player,” said Sinelli. “I like to play a physical style of hockey on both sides of the puck. My best attribute is my speed and I like to use it to my advantage to force my way to the net.”

Sinelli will make his debut with the Phantoms this weekend when the team embarks on its three-game road trip to Waterloo, Sioux Falls, and Sioux City. Phantoms fans will see Sinelli’s Covelli Centre debut on November 19 against the Omaha Lancers on Harry Potter dress up night. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m. (EST)

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: