Monday, December 13, 2010

Becanic Resigns As Giants Assistant Coach

Press Release

The Vancouver Giants announce assistant coach John Becanic has tendered his resignation. Becanic was in his first year with the organization after stops with the Everett Silvertips and Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL. He has taken a job as the head coach of the Wenatchee Wild in the NAHL.

Becanic issued this statement:

“It is with mixed emotions that I am leaving the Vancouver Giants. I have enjoyed every day working with Don and the rest of the Giants staff, but this was an opportunity that was very appealing for me and my family. I look forward to the new challenges that lie ahead of me and wish the players and staff continued success in their quest for a sixth straight B.C. division title.”

The Vancouver Giants appreciate John’s contributions to the club and wish him and his family the best of luck with his new endeavour.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: