Friday, December 17, 2010

Slammers Defenseman commits to Griffins

Press Release

The Woodstock Slammers announced on Monday that Defenseman Doug Jessey has committed to play Division 1 hockey for the Canisius Griffins next season. Canisius College is located in Buffalo, New York and the Griffs compete in the Atlantic Conference. The Langdon, Alberta native has recorded 14 goals and 23 assists this season and leads the MHL in goals scored by a defenseman.

"Doug has been a solid addition to our hockey club and we are extremely proud of him. This is a great opportunity for him to play at the next level and to earn a quality education at a respected academic school" commented Head Coach Jason Tatarnic. Jessey will join former Slammer Scott Jenks at Canisius College.

"I would like to thank the Slammer organization with providing me the environment to achieve my goal of playing Division 1 hockey and continuing my education. My time so far has been a positive experience and I am looking forward to being part of the Griffins hockey program" commented Doug

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: