Saturday, February 5, 2011

Knoll Commits to Minnesota State Mankato

Press Release

The Spruce Grove Saints are pleased to announce that 20 year old defenseman Mat Knoll has committed to Minnesota State University (Mankato). This is Mat's first year with the Saints and third in the Alberta Junior Hockey League. He has compiled 12 goals and 43 assists for a total of 55 points thus far in his AJHL career. Knoll, a mobile defenseman with offensive ability will Join the Mavericks for the 2011-2012 season.

"I would like to thank my Coach Jason Mckee and the Spruce Grove Saints organization for putting me in a position to get to the next level. Also my teammates for their hard work and motivation." explains Knoll, I also want to thank my former coaches and my family who gave me advice and opportunities which enabled me to advance my skills and knowledge of the game.

"Mat is very deserving of the opportunity to play at a Division 1 program." says Head Coach and General Manager Jason McKee. "Mat came in and took a leadership role, he can play in any situation we ask of him. He is a great teammate and plays with extraordinary passion for the game."

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu
)

No comments: