Sunday, April 3, 2011

LOCKWOOD HEADS HOME

Press Release

Springfield, MA- The Springfield Pics are proud to announce that goaltender and assistant captain Courtney Lockwood has committed to Colorado College for this fall. This is a homecoming for the 6’1”, 190 lb. native of Breckenridge, CO.

“I am very excited to have the opportunity to play at such a storied program like Colorado College. It has been my life-long goal to come and be part of the Colorado College hockey program and continue my education at an outstanding school. It is surreal to be able to return Colorado and play Division 1 hockey as well as pursue my academic interests while being so close to home. I am very excited to be part of the Tigers program and grow as a person and an athlete over the next four years. I would like to thank my family, especially my brother, for supporting me over the years in my pursuit of playing Division 1 college hockey. Finally I would like to thank my teammates for their support as well as Coach Tabb and Coach Daniels for giving me the opportunity to play and excel in Springfield,” commented Lockwood.

Lockwood is a two year member of the Pics, an EJHL All-Star in 2009-10 and finalist for goalie of the year. He followed his rookie campaign with another outstanding season in net leading the Pics to their best season since 2005. Courtney was second in the league in minutes played with 1,955 his strong play continued down the stretch and into the playoffs where in 5 games he posted a 1.57 goals against average and a .939 save percentage.

He is the seventh Division One commitment for the 2010-11 Springfield Pics.

“We would like to congratulate Courtney and his family on this accomplishment we are so happy for him, he is a special kid, and has worked extremely hard on and off the ice for this. Lockwood came to us October of last season and has been a work horse and the backbone of our club ever since. He is one of a handful of players that has set the foundation for our program,” stated GM/Coach Patrick Tabb.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: