Wednesday, May 25, 2011

DAN CORNELL TO NORTHEASTERN

Press Release

Philadelphia, PA- The Philadelphia Revolution is excited to announce that defenseman Dan Cornell has committed to Northeastern University for the fall of 2011. A native of Abington, MA, Cornell will not have to travel far to St. Botolph Street. Cornell came to the Revolution after spending post-graduate year in prep school.

"Dan came to Philadelphia with a purpose and desire to become a Division One college hockey player and I am pleased that his goal was attained,” remarked coach Marottolo. “In my 12 years of coaching, Dan is the highest level of complete player I have ever coached. His job this year was to get better and that he did. He took advantage of every tactical skill session we did.”

"First-off I would to thank the Philadelphia Revolution organization as well as coach Marottolo and coach Bellonio,” commented Cornell. "The experience I had in Philadelphia allowed me to achieve one of my life-long goals. The support my family gave me was tremendous and could not have achieved this opportunity without them.”

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: