Thursday, June 23, 2011

Slammers make solid addition

Press Release

Tresham played for the Guelph Storm of the Ontario Hockey League the past two seasons. Tresham recorded 3 goals and 6 assists and 67 minutes penalties for the Storm. Prior to the Storm Tresham played for the North York Rangers where he recorded 44 goals and 59 assists and 206 minutes in penalties.

"Connor is a very gritty player who competes every shift. We identified Connor as a player we wanted here and we were familiar with him as Kyle Adams coached him prior and the family is originally from the same area as I grew up" commented Head Coach Jason Tatarnic. Tresham is expected to bring leadership and the Slammers are looking forward to seeing Connor play in an offensive role again. "Sometimes at the major junior level you serve as a role player and every team needs those type of players at every level. We feel Connor has some great skills and we are looking forward to seeing him use them while maintaining his gritty play and we are looking for him to provide some leadership in our dressing room.

"I was very excited when The Slammers contacted me as I had some knowledge of organization, I'm especially excited to be playing for a winning team and would like to keep that winning tradition going. Growing up i always looked at myself as a 'go to' guy, and in junior A as a 16 and 17 year old i was a point guy. Over the past 2 years playing in the OHL 'I payed my dues' and I learned a grittier way to play the game, this year in Woodstock i'd like to combine my grit and skill and find my scoring touch again. I also believe i will bring some leadership and experience to the team, and can provide insight to some of the younger guys" commented Connor Tresham.

Tresham will be wearing number 7 next season and the Slammers organization are looking forward to having Connor in Woodstock.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: