Saturday, July 23, 2011

RIVERA A YELLOW JACKET

Press Release

est Springfield, MA- The Springfield Pics are proud to announce that forward Mark Rivera has committed to Atlantic Hockey member American International College for this fall. Rivera, a native of Wall, NJ, was acquired by Springfield via trade in early January and never looked back, putting up 21 points in 15 regular season games adding 6 points in 5 playoff games for the Pics.

"I am looking forward to attending American International College, and greatly appreciate the Division 1 opportunity they have presented me with. I want to thank Vince Malts for his development to my game,” stated Rivera

“A special thanks to Coach Tabb for taking a chance on me to extend my junior career, and in the end put me where I am today. Thank you to my parents for always providing me with what I needed to succeed, and keeping me focused on my goals," he commented.

Mark is the eighth Division One commitment from the 2010-11 Springfield Pics.

“We would like to congratulate Mark and his family on this accomplishment. Since acquiring him at the beginning of January, he instantly upgraded our club’s offensive production, he is a scoring threat every shift. His scoring ability coupled with his explosive skating ability will lead to a productive college career, we wish him the best of luck,” remarked GM/Coach Patrick Tabb.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: