Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sagueneens hire Marc-Étienne Hubert

Press Release

Saguenay, on July 6, 2011 them Saguenéens are proud and happy to announce the nomination of Marc-Etienne Hubert at the post of trainer-chief of the team. Hubert is associated with the Chicoutimienne formation since August 2005 when he was engaged as assistant trainer. He succeeds Guy Carbonneau with whom he has work at the end of the last season.

Chicoutimien the 33 years old directed Sags on six occasions, in particular last February at the time of the dismissal of Richard Martel. It maintained a card perfect of 3-0 for this short period before the arrival of Guy Carbonneau behind the bench. Previously, it wiped three reverses when it took the changing of Martel at the time of a meeting with Rimouski (January 2010), for the period of transaction concerning Nicolas Deschamps and Jacob Lagacé, like at the time of the memorable series in March 2008 against the Ramparts of Quebec in the business Jonathan Roy-Bobby Nadeau.

“I had a whole surprise in end of the week when the leaders offered the station to me. I however did not fall in bottom from my chair because, slowly but surely, I prepared so that this moment arrives in my career. I have a very beautiful challenge to take up and I largely appreciate this beautiful mark of confidence of the managers”, to comment on Marc-Etienne Hubert.

Hubert adds that it is conscious that waitings are large for its team and it does not fear the pressure for as much. “I know the results of the last seasons, that made six years that I am with the club. My new function is accompanied by an additional amount of pressure and I know that I will have to deliver the goods. I cannot predict the results, but I can say that one will offer a team which will give her maximum on the skating rink. One will play to gain each one of our matches”.





WITH THE IMAGE OF THE TEAM

With his youth, his talent and his energy, the new trainer-chief is with the image of Saguenéens which abound in young players of talent. The direction of the team thinks persuaded that Marc-Etienne Hubert will propagate his knowledge, his dynamism and his thirst for victories to his protected young people.

“I was likely to work for two months with him. I always said that if it were not me behind the bench, that we will analyze the potential candidates. The more time advanced, and the more one went obviously. Marc-Etienne is the right man for the job. I adored to work with this man of hockey. It has knowledge, the judgement and it communicates very well with the players. It was chosen by Hockey Canada to follow a seminar to Calgary and that gave him much confidence. For my part, I remain president and I intend well to remain implied closely with the team”, to comment on Guy Carbonneau by specifying that the contract of its new trainer was one three years duration.

Let us recall that Marc-Etienne Hubert began his career of hockeyor in the uniform of Saguenéens in 1994. He also evolved/moved in the Courteau circuit with Laval, Valley-in Or, Drummondville and Bay-Comeau, in addition to to have been a choice of 9th round (226e on the whole) of the Coyotes of Phoenix in 1996. He finished his career on shoes in Europe after four years with the Patriots of the University of Quebec with Three-Rivers. The young trainer is also assistant trainer of the team which will represent Quebec with the world Challenge of less than 17 years the next winter with Winnipeg.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: