Monday, August 15, 2011

Desrochers inks with Jr. Trappers

Press Release

The North Bay Jr. Trappers stayed very close to home with the signing of former Midget AAA Trappers forward Danny Desrochers. Desrochers, was an OHL 3rd round draft pick of the Sudbury Wolves this spring.

The 1995 birth year forward finished 5th overall in Great North Midget League scoring with 48 points in 34 regular season games.

Descrochers, who hasn’t made his decision on going the OHL route or the NCAA route intends to report to Wolves camp.

“I know it’s a great organization so I know if I don’t make the Wolves I can develop here, it’s my hometown; it’s my community,” said Desrochers who dressed for 5 regular season and 1 playoff game as an affiliate with the Jr. Trappers last season.

“All the people that have helped me out through this like Dan Selin, Khouri Long and Matt Blanchard, all those guys who helped me out, they are all in the community so I can repay them by giving my best down here and letting them know that it actually worked.”

Jr. Trappers President/GM Chris Dawson was thrilled to hear Desrochers keen interest in the local program.

“We know Danny got exposed to our program and he is really what the development model we are trying to create is all about,” said Dawson.

“Either if it’s the OHL or NCAA, we want to be a development ground for young men like Danny and we need, and want more local players to realize this is a solid route to take,” he said.

Desrochers will join his Jr. Trappers teammates at camp which begins Monday, August 22nd.

TRAINER/EQUIPMENT MANAGER

The Jr. Trappers are also seeking a full-time or part time Equipment Manager/Trainer. For more information contact Associate GM Randy Blake at (705) 499-3283.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: