Friday, August 5, 2011

Wolves Sign Harris

Press Release

The Sudbury Wolves Hockey Club is pleased to announce that they have signed second round selection (28th overall) JACOB HARRIS to an OHL contract.

HARRIS, 16, led the Halton Hurricanes AAA Minor Midgets in scoring with 43 goals, 37 assists and 80 points in 55 games. He also added 20 penalty minutes. The 5’11”, 180 lb centre played for Team Ontario U16 team at the Canada Winter Games. Harris also advanced to the final camp of the TEAM ONTARIO U16 try-outs in Thunder Bay in July.

“I am very excited that the Sudbury Wolves drafted me in the 2nd round” notes Harris. “I wasn’t expecting to be drafted as high as 28th but the Wolves showed a lot of interest in me and I knew that I was high on their list. I also know that Sudbury is a great hockey town and I know it will be very beneficial for me and my career to play in a hockey town like Sudbury. I’m really looking forward to the challenge of making the Wolves’ roster in September.”

“Jacob is a very good hockey player and a very hard-working player” notes Wolves’ GM Blaine Smith. “He never cheats you and he never takes a shift off. He is an excellent two-way player and can be as good defensively as he is offensively. He has outstanding leadership skills and excellent character. I believe that Jake will put-up big numbers in the OHL before his junior career is over.”

Wolves’ Head Scout Norm Robert was very high on Jacob Harris and his performance with the Halton Hurricanes. “Jacob is a well-rounded forward who plays a competitive two-way game. He possesses a strong and impeccable work ethic in all areas of the ice. He has good hockey sense and his skills are understated.”

Based on Harris’ ability to crack the Wolves’ solid line-up this season, the Wolves will be adding two very significant impact forwards to their line-up with Nicholas Baptiste and Jacob Harris.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: