Saturday, October 15, 2011

Commissioner investigates complaint

Press Release

Recently, several Manitoba media outlets have reported that the MJHL is investigating an alleged hazing incident involving players with the Neepawa Natives. As the commissioner of our league, I take such accusations very seriously and have launched a complete investigation.

I can tell you that the Neepawa Native organization has been very cooperative and are also very concerned about such accusations.

This is my 10th year as commissioner and I've never had to deal with this type of thing. This is not a common situation within our league. Consequently, all information and details must be looked into and dealt with accordingly.

It’s very important is to find out the facts, and search for the truth. At this point I cannot confirm that the complaint is about hazing. The investigation will confirm this.

Earlier this week I met with officials from both Hockey Manitoba and Hockey Canada, seeking their perspective on how such investigation should be conducted.

I can assure all our fans that once my investigation is conducted, we will keep you updated via our website. In the meantime, I thank you for your continued support of our league and its players.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: