Sunday, December 11, 2011

Brightbill Headed to Sacred Heart

Press Release

Walpole, MA -- Walpole Express All-Star defenseman Jake Brightbill will suit up for Sacred Heart’s D1 Pioneers in 2012. The Annville, Penn. native is currently first among AJHL defenseman with 33 points, clear proof of his exceptional puck control while patrolling the Express’ blue line.

“It has been my dream to play DI hockey and I am excited I will have that chance at Sacred Heart next season,” Brightbill said. “The coaching staff there is committed to building a strong program and I am looking forward being a part of that.”

“I want to thank Express coaches Tony Dalessio and Mark Kumpel, and my former Jr. B coach Andy Scott at Central Penn, for helping me develop throughout my junior career,” Brightbill continued. “I am looking forward to finishing this season strong and competing for another AJHL championship. None of this would be possible without the sacrifice and support of my parents. I would like to thank them for all they have done to help me achieve this tremendous goal.”

Sacred Heart University is located in Fairfield, Conn. and plays in DI Atlantic Hockey. Head Coach CJ Marottolo is in his third season at the helm and is assisted by Scott McDougal and Lou Santini.

“Mark and I are very proud and excited for Jake,” said Dalessio. “He has been a staple in Walpole’s program for three seasons and has been a major contributor to our championship success. His smarts, skating ability and skill set fuel his game, and his relentless work ethic has pushed him over the top. Coach Marottolo and his staff are getting a tremendous person and a superb hockey player. We wish Jake the best of luck. He will surely be missed.”


(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: