Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DiPauli Headed To Union College

Press Release

The Chicago Steel are proud to announce that Theo DiPauli has committed to play hockey for Union College beginning next season. DiPauli, a 5-foot-10, 180-pound forward from Woodridge, Ill., is in his third year with the Chicago Steel and has registered six goals and two assists in 21 games this season.

"I loved the campus and the atmosphere was what I had envisioned for myself during college." DiPauli said. "The way the academics work will suit my strengths as a student and the hockey program will help me become a better player on the ice."

"I spoke to coach Bennett and he was very straight forward and honest. To me, that is very important in a coach. The entire coaching staff was very enthusiastic about me coming to Union."

DiPauli is the second member of his family to make a college decision. His brother, Thomas, who is a member of the United States National Team Development Program, is committed to Notre Dame.

"My mom was very happy that I found a school that would be a perfect fit for me," he said. "Both of my parents were very supportive in my decision when I committed to Union on Monday evening."

"Thomas told me congratulations and was also very happy for me. Perhaps, one day, we will have the chance to play each other in the Frozen Four."

Union College is located in Schenectady, NY and is a member of the East Coast Athletic Conference. The Dutchmen (8-3-5) are ranked No. 11 in the country according United States College Hockey Online's latest poll. Last season, Union captured the ECAC regular season title and received an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament, where it lost 2-0 in the first-round to the eventual NCAA Champion, University of Minnesota-Duluth.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: