Monday, February 6, 2012

Central Penn Panthers Acquire Max Antonides from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights

Press Release

Late last week the Central Penn Panthers acquired the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights team captain Max Antonides. Antonides was in his second year with the Knights who, as team captain, took on the task of leading and mentoring a very young group of junior hockey players this season. He was recently selected as an alternate for the MJHL All-Star Game.

“We are extremely excited to get a player of Max’s character and ability. I was looking for a quality individual to fill a hole in our line-up created when Kyle Troup left our team recently to enter the United States Air Force,” stated Panthers’ GM and Head Coach Andy Scott. “I called Justin (Knights GM and Head Coach Justin Lyle) to ask about Max’s availability once the Knights were eliminated from the play-offs. Justin didn’t hesitate to give Max the opportunity as a 20 year-old to extend his season with us. This is a great example of what the MJHL is all about. Justin and the Knights organization should be commended for putting the player’s interests first.”

“I’m thankful for the opportunities that the Knights organization provided me,” said Antonides when asked about the trade. “I will never forget the great coaching staff and my teammates. I just hope I will be able to adjust to a new team quickly and play the way I know I can play.”
It was a difficult decision for the 1991-born player to leave an organization he had called home for the past two years. He had made a countless number of friends at the rink and the community.

“I have no doubt that Max will help an already good organization get better,” said Knights GM and Head Coach Justin Lyle.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: