Tuesday, February 14, 2012

MacDONALD HEADED TO ST. LAWRENCE

Press Release

Kingston, MA- Bay State Breakers goaltender Kyle MacDonald has committed to St. Lawrence University for the 2012-13 season. This is Kyle’s second year with the Bay State Breakers. Kyle has had a save percentage of 92% the last two seasons with Bay State and a goals against average of approximately 2.50 over the same period.

“It is unfortunate what happened to Kyle this year with his season ending injury. I know that St. Lawrence will be the beneficiary of that. Kyle is a determined, hard working competitor who battles to win everyday, whether in practice or games,” stated Head Coach David McCauley.

"I am thrilled to have the opportunity to attend St. Lawrence University. St. Lawrence is a school with rich tradition that will provide me the means to excel in the classroom and on the ice,” remarked Kyle MacDonald.

“Growing up in the Bay State Breakers youth program and then being able to play for Coach McCauley in the EJHL has been a great experience and has given me the opportunity to become a better player and person. I would like to thank my parents, my past coaches and the whole Bay State Breakers organization for making me a better hockey player, as well as supporting me off the ice through my injury over the past four months. They have pushed me to work that much harder in preparation for next fall,” he added.

“I know our whole staff is proud of Kyle and know that he will be a positive addition to the St. Lawrence Hockey program,” said McCauley.

Kyle is the son of Mary Beth and Andy MacDonald from Hanover, MA.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: