Tuesday, July 17, 2012

BACON COMMITS TO MERCYHURST

Press Release

Pickering Panthers netminder Spencer Bacon has confirmed his commitment to join the Mercyhurst University Lakers beginning with the 2013-14 Atlantic Hockey season.

After spending his early junior career in the BCHL and the EJHL, the 6'5", 210 lbs. native of Victoria, B.C. joined the Markham Waxers to start the 2011-12 season. After going 2-2 with the Waxers, Bacon was dealt to the Panthers, where he would lead the club to a playoff spot, including a 35 save victory over Toronto Lakeshore in the opening game of the post-season.

"I am extremely excited for the opportunity to play for the Mercyhurst Lakers. It has been a lifelong dream of mine to play NCAA Division I hockey and study at a fine academic institution like Mercyhurst University," said Bacon. "I would like to thank my teammates and the entire Pickering Panthers organization and especially my parents and family for the extended support throughout my career."

Congratulations and best of luck to Spencer in the future!

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: