Thursday, July 19, 2012

COLTS AND PERLINI AGREE TO TERMS

Press Release

The Barrie Colts announced on Thursday that they have signed forward Brendan Perlini to an Ontario Hockey League contract.

“It’s very exciting for me and my family," said Perlini. "It's such a big deal for us to be part of the Barrie Colts organization.”

The Colts selected the forward with the 16th overall pick in the 2012 Ontario Hockey League Priority Selection.

“We are extremely excited about Brendan joining the organization,” said General Manager Jason Ford. “He is a player that brings a tremendous skill-set; he is one of the strongest skaters for his age-group and has exceptional puck skills and hockey sense.”

Last season Perlini notched 44 points in 40 games for the Detroit Belle Tire Under-16’s, and says he will be ready for training camp.

“Well I want to come in fully prepared for training camp and really show the coaches what I can do,” said the 6'3" winger. "I think with my skating and puck-handling abilities I will have a lot to offer the team."

Earlier this month Perlini attended Team Ontario's Under-17 provincial camp.

“Under-17 was such a great experience for me,” acknowledged Perlini. “I got to play with a lot of great players and it really helped my development to see how other players handle themselves on and off the ice.”

“We feel Brendan has just scratched the surface as to what he can be as a hockey player,” added Ford. “We are very pleased today that Brendan has made this commitment.”

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: