Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hansen is a Pioneer

Press Release

PRINCE GEORGE, BC – The Prince George Spruce Kings of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) are proud to announce the scholarship commitment of Coltyn Hansen to Sacred Heart University beginning with the 2013-14 season. Sacred Heart University is a NCAA Division I school located in Fairfield Connecticut.

Coltyn Hansen is an off-season acquisition of the Prince George Spruce Kings. Considered to be one of the fastest skaters in the BCHL, Hansen has seen his speed and skill result in 7 goals and 9 assists so far this season.

"We are very excited as an organization for Coltyn," said Spruce Kings General Manager, Mike Hawes. "He is an electrifying player and a tremendous young man who has been very good for us this season. He is very deserving of this scholarship and will do well at Sacred Heart."

"I’'m very excited," said Hansen. "Getting a scholarship has always been a big goal of mine while playing junior hockey. (Sacred Heart University) has shown a lot of confidence in me and my game."
"I'm going to continue to work hard on my game," continued Hansen. "Dave Dupas (Spruce Kings head coach) has helped me to become a better player defensively and I think I can be better still, both offensively and defensively."

Hansen becomes the second Spruce Kings player this season to earn a scholarship joining Brad Ryan who committed to the University of Vermont earlier in the month.


 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: