Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Storm Forward Commits to Brown University

Press Release

Tri-City Storm forward Tim Lappin has made the decision to attend school and play hockey at Brown University following his USHL career.

The St. Charles, Illinois native has appeared in all 20 games for the Storm this season and collected four points (2g, 2a).  It’s his second full USHL season after playing 50 games for the Storm in 2011-12 and collecting 15 points (6g, 9a) and 102 penalty minutes.  The 18-year-old forward was also selected to compete in the 2012 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game.

“A couple weeks ago, I flew out to Providence (Rhode Island) and I just loved everything about the campus, the kids, and the team,” Lappin said.  “Everything just felt right there.  They told me to hop on board, and I said I’m ready to go.”

The 18-year-old said he could not be more excited to be reunited with his cousin, whom he played with a season ago in Kearney.  Nick Lappin, who is currently a freshman at Brown, led the Storm with 27 goals and 46 points during the 2011-12 season.

“I had such a fun year last year with Nick being my roommate and I know he’s doing great there,” Lappin said.  “Having an extra year of him being there is going to help me out like it did here in Tri-City.  I’m just excited to play hockey and have the college experience with my cousin.”

Lappin joins fellow teammates Tim Bonner (Yale), Josh McArdle (Yale) and Grant Opperman (Dartmouth) as Storm players who have committed to play for Ivy League schools.

“We’re all excited because some of us are just a couple hours away,” Lappin said.  “It’s going to be a blast to see all the guys I’ve played with; we can’t wait.”

Waterloo Black Hawks defenseman Alexi Rossi is also committed to play hockey at Brown University.  The Ivy League school is a member of the ECAC and in addition to Nick Lappin, has six USHL alumni on the roster this season; Anthony Borelli (Lincoln Stars), Ryan Jacobson (Sioux Falls Stampede), Mark Naclerio (Waterloo Black Hawks), Kyle Quick (Lincoln Stars), Jimmy Siers (Waterloo Black Hawks), and Nate Widman (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders).

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: