Monday, November 19, 2012

Tomahawks goaltender Truehl commits to NCAA DI Air Force

Press Release

The Johnstown Tomahawks of the North American Hockey League (NAHL) are proud to announce that Chris Truehl has become the second Tomahawks player to make an NCAA Division I commitment. Truehl, a 6-3, 185-pound goaltender from Stoughton, Wisconsin, has committed to the U.S. Air Force Academy for the 2013-14 season.

In early November, Truehl visited the Academy in Colorado Springs, where he was offered a full scholarship. He plans to major in business management and attend graduate school to pursue his Master of Business Administration.

“Air Force has an unbelievable campus, and the possibilities that go along with an education at the Academy are second to none,” said Truehl. “The players seem to be great guys, and I will hopefully be able to compete for playing time right away.”

Truehl has gone 3-2-4 with a GAA of 2.55 and save percentage of .916 in his 10 games this season with the Tomahawks. His impressive academic record, outgoing nature, and dedication to hockey have made him a well-rounded athlete.
“I was incredibly impressed with my trip,” he said. “The coaches made it clear that my academics and my future are just as important a my college hockey career.”

The Air Force Academy is a member of the Atlantic Hockey Association (AHA) and is coached by Frank Serratore.  Their roster features more NAHL graduates than any other NCAA Division I program.

(Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: