Sunday, April 21, 2013

ORSZULAK A YELLOW JACKET

Press Release

Springfield, MA- The Springfield Pics are proud to announce that Assistant Captain Austin Orszulak has committed to American International College for the fall. Orszulak, a 1992-born forward from Springfield, MA, was an EJHL All Star this season while posting 21 goals and 30 assists (51 points) in 45 league games.

American International College is a member of NCAA Division One Atlantic Hockey League.

“I am thrilled to have the opportunity to play Division I hockey for AIC next season. It has been a lifelong dream of mine to play amongst the best collegiate hockey players in the nation. I would not have this opportunity without the support I’ve received throughout my whole life from my family, especially my father. His dedication to my preparation to play in the Division I level has truly been the foundation to my success. I can't thank him enough. My coaches through the years also have been a huge factor as to where I am today. Their commitment, perseverance, and passion for the game of hockey are just a few key factors that motivated me to arrive at where I am today. The Springfield Jr. Pics Organization has been one of the best decisions I’ve made in my hockey career. Coach Tabb along with Coach Daniels and Coach Smith for their support, work ethic, and professional knowledge of the game has taught me more the past two years than I ever would have anticipated. I couldn’t be more grateful for them to have the confidence in me to be a part of such a wonderful organization. Lastly, I’d like to thank each teammate I’ve had through the years where I’ve been a rookie to a Captain. I’ll never forget any of the guys I have played with, and will bring everything I’ve gained through the years with me to AIC,” said Orszulak.

“We would like to congratulate Austin and his family on this accomplishment. He bought into our program and the Pics culture from day one with us. His work ethic on and off the ice is second too none. Austin has a scorers touch, he posses a strong shot and quick release while adding a physical presence out there. His leadership in the locker room and off the ice coupled with his skills and ability on the ice will lead to a successful college experience,” commented GM/Head Coach Patrick Tabb.

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: