Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wings forward Parizek makes NCAA DI commitment

Press Release

 The Aberdeen Wings, proud members of the North American Hockey League, are pleased to announce that Justin Parizek, 20, has committed to play NCAA Division I hockey for the University of Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks.  In the 2013-14 season, the Mavericks will be members of the new National Collegiate Hockey Conference.

Parizek is a 6’1/195 lbs. forward from Lakeville, Minnesota.  Over the course of the past two seasons, Parizek played in 97 games for the Wings including four playoff games where he scored a total of 69 points on 26 goals and 48 assists with a +11 plus/minus rating and six game-winning goals.

During the 2012-13 season, Parizek was named team captain and helped lead them to a league-high 10 straight home wins.  “My time in Aberdeen has been unbelievable. I met a lot of great people that made my time a lot of fun,” said Parizek of his time in Aberdeen.  “I am thankful that I spent my last year and half playing in Aberdeen in front of the greatest fans in the NAHL.  Special thanks to my teammates, coaches, parents, the Odde family, my billet family and everyone that have helped me along the way.”

Over the course of the season Parizek was able to earn two Honorable Mention NAHL Central Division Star of the Week Awards (Weeks of Dec. 19th & Feb. 4th) and was Runner-up for the NAHL Forward of the Month for the month of February.

He also participated in the 2013 NAHL Top Prospects Tournament as a part of the Dakota team where he recorded an assist in three games played.

He was also a leader off the ice where he helped raise $1,600 for the Brown County Red Cross and participated in a number of charity events the Wings participate in over the seasons.

Parizek is excited about moving on to the next step in his career. “Playing NCAA Division I hockey is a dream come true.  My junior hockey experience has been a great journey with many peaks and valleys. I believe this experience has developed me into a better player and person.  I am excited to play for University of Nebraska-Omaha and be a Maverick.”

“We are very excited for Justin continue his hockey career and begin his study at the University of Nebraska-Omaha,” said Wings head coach Travis Winter.  “Justin showed a strong work ethic and great leadership as an Aberdeen Wing. We wish him the best of luck in his future.”

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: