Monday, July 22, 2013

Chorneyko Named Captain

Press Release 

 20 year old Defenseman Corey Chorneyko has been named Captain of the Saints for the 2013-2014 season.  Corey is a 4 year veteran of the Saints blueline winning an AJHL Championship in 2011.  Chorneyko epitomizes what it means to be a Saint.  His dedication to the game and his teammates, along with his work ethic and attention to detail on the ice makes him an easy choice for captaincy this coming season.  The Jasper, AB native adds his name to an impressive line of Saints captains which includes recently graduated Tim Nolte, David Glen, Bryce Van Brabant, Malcolm Tomlinson, Jordan Kary, Jordan Ceh, Jonathan Li and Jeff Oginski.

"It is a huge honour to be named captain of a great organization with such a successful history," says Chorneyko. "It feels good to have all the hard work pay off, I look forward to the challenge of leading the team to a championship in the club's 10th anniversary and in my last year of junior hockey. I will use my leadership and work ethic to make my teammates around me better as our captains did for me in the past.  I would like to thank the Saints organization and coaching staff for the opportunity."

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: