Friday, July 19, 2013

Maxwell Commits to 'Riv

Press Release

The Langley Rivermen Junior “A” Hockey club is pleased to announce the commitment of defenseman Travis Maxwell (1993 born) for the 2013-2014 season. Maxwell is from Fox River Grove, Illinois and split time last season in the USHL with the Lincoln Stars and the Austin Bruins in the NAHL. With Lincoln he appeared in 24 games and recorded 1 goal and 4 assists, while in Austin he played in 12 games and put up 1 goal and 3 assists.

“Going to Langley is a great opportunity for me and I am excited about this new challenge,” Maxwell said. “In talking with the coaching staff they seem like a great group of guys and I was very happy to hear what they had to say about next year’s team.”

Maxwell is a hulking blue liner at 6’3”, 215 pounds and playing a physical style is something he is no stranger towards.

“I am a bigger defenseman and like to play the body, but I feel I can do much more than just that out there on the ice. I will jump up in the play and create offense when I feel the time is right, but at the end of the day I will play the role the coaches tell me to play,” Maxwell said.
Rivermen Head Coach and General Manager Bobby Henderson is looking forward to having Maxwell’s veteran presence on the back end.

“Travis brings experience and a big body to our line-up, which is something every team looks for in a player. We expect him to be physical night in and night out and make it tough for opposing forwards to play against,” Henderson said.

As Maxwell prepares for his final season in Junior Hockey he knows exactly what he wants to happen next year in Langley.

“I definitely want to win a championship and that should be every players mind set coming into the season. As for myself, I would like to move on to the collegiate level and hopefully play N.C.A.A. Division one hockey and I believe I am coming to the right place where I have the best chance for that,” Maxwell finished.
 

(Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: