Saturday, July 6, 2013

Spruce Kings Add Offensive Defenseman

Press Release sent to the World of Junior Hockey

PRINCE GEORGE, BC – The Prince George Spruce Kings of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) have acquired Christian Weidauer from the Carleton Place Canadians of the Central Canada Hockey League (CCHL) in exchange for future considerations.
Chritsian Weidauer is a ‘93 born 6’ 3” 190 pound right handed defenceman from Keswick, Ontario. An offensive defenseman, Weidauer amassed 83 points (21G, 62A) in 170 games played over three seasons with the Canadians and contributed an additional 15 points (4G, 11A) in 22 playoff games.
“I'm very happy that we have been able to add a dynamic player like Christian to our team,” said Spruce Kings General Manager, Mike Hawes. “Christian brings good size and a tremendous skill set to our back end. He can play in all situations and will be looked upon to be a leader on a strong group of defenseman. His experience and veteran presence will provide stability and confidence on and off the ice as well.”
“I’m excited to be coming to Prince George to finish my junior hockey,” said Christian Weidauer. “The BCHL is a great league and the Spruce Kings are a good fit for myself. I like to consider myself an offensive defenseman but my first focus is the defensive end of the ice.”
“I’m coming to play and do everything I can to have a good season,” added Weidauer.
Weidauer will join other new recruits and returning players for the start of the Spruce Kings main training camp August 23-25 in the Prince George Coliseum.

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: