Friday, October 18, 2013

Spits add Fotinos, deal Dekort to Kitchener

Press Release

General Manager Warren Rychel has announced a pair of trades made this morning.

Goaltender Jordan DeKort has been traded to the Kitchener Rangers. In return, the Spitfires will get their own 6th Round draft pick in 2015.

In a subsequent move, Windsor acquired Alex Fotinos from the Barrie Colts in exchange for Windsor's 7th Round draft pick in 2015.

Fotinos is a 6'1, 174-pound goaltender born in 1995. In four games with the Colts this season, he posted three wins, along with a 4.10 goals against average and an .869 save percentage.

"Things weren't working for me in Barrie," Fotinos said. "Personally, I'm on cloud nine with heading to Windsor."

Fotinos says he's a goaltender that relies on instincts.

"I'm a positional goalie, but I battle. Whatever it takes to make the save. I get out of the net to play the puck. I think one of my biggest attributess is my quickness."

Rychel says it was time to shake things up.

“We felt we needed a change in goal,” Rychel said. “Alex has experience in this league and is a player that will benefit from a change of scenery. He's a very athletic goalie that we think will help us. We welcome him to the Windsor Spitfires. We'd like to thank Jordan for his time with the club.”

Fotinos will be in Windsor in time for the club's home game versus the London Knights Saturday.

Additionally, defenceman John Bowen has been claimed off waivers by the Kingston Frontenacs.

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: