Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Doherty commits to Brown

Press Release

 Marlboro, MA-Junior Bruins forward Tim Doherty, playing on the B’s Premier team in the
USPHL

, has informed the staff at Brown University that he will joining the Bears for the 2015 season. Doherty joined the Bruins midway thru the opening month and quickly established himself as an offensive leader posting a 8-8-16, +11 line in his first 15 games.

For Doherty, a Portsmouth RI native, the decision to go with the Bears was an easy one. “Brown felt like the perfect fit for me. I wanted to go to a school that would provide me with a great education and four great years of hockey. It’s also close to home for me so it’s easy for my family to come support me”.

Head coach and General Manager Peter Masters quickly noticed the impact Doherty had on the lineup and knew it wouldn’t be long before he was committed at the Division I level. “Tim is smart hockey player. He has a team first attitude and competes hard every shift. We’re excited for him and his family. Brown is a great spot for him”.

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: