Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hladin named SW player-of-the-month

Press Release

The OJHL announced today that Georgetown Raiders captain Steve Hladin has been named the Gongshow Gear South-West Conference Player-of-the-Month for October after recording 20 points in 9 games played during the month. 

The Mississauga, Ontario native has become the offensive catalyst of the Raiders attack, leading the team and currently sitting third in league scoring with 32 points in 20 games played thus far.  Hladin went on a tear during October, recording points in eight of nine games, including five multi-point games.  Twice he registered four point outings, versus division rivals, Hamilton and Milton, and three times he notched three points, including a hat trick against Mississauga.  Finishing the month on a goal-per-game pace, Hladin led the Raiders back into the hunt in the South-West Conference standings.

"I'd like to thank the OJHL for recognizing my play throughout the month of October by awarding me the Gongshow Player-of-the-Month," said Hladin.  "It is a huge honour.  I'd like to thank the coaching staff in Georgetown for giving me the opportunity to succeed and for helping me grow along the way. I'd also like to thank my teammates and linemates that I have played with this year for the support.  I hope this award is a start to me furthering my hockey career and pursuing my NCAA dreams."

"Steve has had a great start to the season," said Raiders General Manager and Head Coach Greg Walters. “He leads our team on-and-off the ice in every aspect. The best part of Steve's game is that he cares as much about his own end of the ice as he does about the offensive end."

Nick DeSimone of the Buffalo Jr. Sabres was runner-up to Hladin as the South-East Conference Player-of-the-Month.  The OJHL's leading scorer among defencemen, DeSimone finished second on the Sabres in scoring during October with 16 points in 12 games played.

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: