Saturday, December 14, 2013

Berkley's Clouston to make NAHL debut with Port Huron

Press Release sent to the World of Junior Hockey

 BERKLEY, Mich. – Add Vaughn Clouston to the list of players from the Midwest Junior Hockey League that has earned opportunities at higher levels of junior hockey this season.

Last weekend, Clouston, a forward with the Berkley Bruins, was called up to try out with the Port Huron Fighting Falcons of the North American Hockey League. He practiced with the team last week and did so again this week.

“While I was playing in Berkley, the Falcons were watching me and liked what they saw, so they contacted Coach (Bobby) Clouston,” he said. “Port Huron is one of the top teams in the league and the NAHL overall is an outstanding league. I’m very fortunate to have this opportunity.”

With the Bruins, where Clouston has twice been named MWJHL Forward of the Week, the 18-year-old Washington, Mich., native is averaging three points a game with 13 goals and 14 assists for 27 points in nine games.

Clouston exploded for three goals and six assists in a 10-3 win over the Michigan Ice Dogs on Nov. 29.

“Coach Clouston helped me so much this year by just letting me play my game, gain confidence as a player,” said Clouston. “While I’m with Port Huron, I plan to finish all my checks, crash the net, play physical and work hard on and off the ice and try to learn from the vets on the team.”

 “I’ve also learned that to stay in the NAHL, it's not only what you do at the rink, but away from the rink, too.”

(Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: