Thursday, December 12, 2013

Express forward the latest to make Division I commitment

Press Release

The Coquitlam Express are pleased to announce winger Corey Mackin has accepted a scholarship offer to attend Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan. 

The 5-foot 9-inch 165-pound native of Philadelphia Pennsylvania played last season at Northwood Prep School says " I would like to thank my coaches at Northwood and the Coquitlam Express for helping me get my scholarship along with my family who also played a big role, Ferris State is a great college town and I am really excited to get there".

Express Head Coach Barry Wolff says Mackin has been a great addition this year, "Corey is a threat every time he is on the ice, he will be a great addition to the Bulldogs and we are real proud he is a member of the Coquitlam Express.

The Ferris State Bulldogs play in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association and were Frozen Four National Finalists in 2012.

 (Nathan can be reached at

No comments: