Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thulin to UConn

Press Release

It was only a matter of time before Steve Thulin achieved his ultimate goal of playing NCAA Division One hockey. The 6’3’’ 170-lb. goaltender from North Reading, MA will be joining the University of Connecticut Huskies as they begin their first season in Hockey East.

“I am very excited to have the opportunity to play for such a renowned program as UConn. The minute I met with Coach Cavanaugh and Coach Pereira, I could envision myself being part of the Huskies’ family,” stated Thulin. “I want to thank my coach, Geoff Marottolo, for all his help and support. I feel that my goalie coach, Mike Buckley, has given me the opportunity to succeed at the next level. I also want to thank Coach Jared Waimon for his help throughout the season. I would not be where I am today without the devoted support from my family.”

“I could not be more excited for Steve,” stated Coach Marottolo. He is a student of the position—with a work ethic that is unmatched. He is an extremely thorough goaltender. UCONN has a goaltender that will help them win games next year.”

 (Nathan can be reached at

No comments: