Monday, January 6, 2014

Anaheim 18U forward Boutoussov signs NAHL tender

Press Release

The Anaheim Jr. Ducks, proud members of the North American Prospects Hockey League, are pleased to announce that 18U forward Paul Boutoussov has signed an NAHL tender agreement with the Corpus Christi IceRays. The IceRays compete in the NAHL’s South Division.

The 17-year-old from Dana Point, California is currently tied for fourth in the NAPHL in points with 27 and tied for second in the league with 15 goals. He is currently riding a six-game point streak. Boutoussov has had six multi-point games this season and he has totaled 15 goals and 12 assists.

Boutoussov (5’10/150) has gone to nationals several times and won states twice at the A and AA level. Last year in the CAHA, he led the league in both goals and points.

“I'm extremely excited for the opportunity and I could not believe even a few years ago that something like this would happen,” said Boutoussov.  “My coach Larry Barron played a big role in the decision and I can’t thank him enough for what he has done for me these last few years. The fans can expect to see a fast and finesse yet chippy style of play when needed. I think I have a knack for the net and hopefully that continues throughout my junior career.”

“Paul is a leading goal scorer in the NAPHL,” added IceRays head coach John Becanic.  “He finds a way to get to the scoring areas and finish. I look forward to watching him do the same next year wearing an IceRay jersey.”

Boutoussov is the third player from the Anaheim Jr. Ducks 18U team to sign an NAHL tender this season joining Elijiah Barriga (Amarillo) and Evan Nyhus (Janesville).

(Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: