Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Roy to to coach the Remparts

The Patrick Roy saga appears to be over and will remain the Quebec Remparts head coach. He has called a noon press conference in Quebec.

I am not surprised at this because he wants to behind the bench to try to be the QMJHL representive at the Memorial Cup. When he made this proposed deal with the Lewiston Maineiacs, I knew he was staying.

I find this rumor very intriguing in the whole Patrick Roy taking a position with the Colorado Avalanche saga. My thought is he might not be getting the job, yet. With Delmas’ struggles last season wouldn’t the Avalanche want Roy to work with him one on one all year long? I also think Roy can keep Paquette in line. Maybe Ray Bourque takes an assistant coaches position to learn the ropes this season. The Denver Post reported Bourque will take Roy’s coaching duties in Quebec.


That's My Take

(Nathan also is a writer for Maineiacs Post to Post and the Maine Hockey Journal. He can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: