Monday, October 26, 2009

Another Bentley commitment

Press Release

Kingston, MA- Bay State Breakers left shot forward Jesse Petito has received a scholarship to attend Bentley College for the fall of 2010.

Jesse is a 5’9 left shot 1991-born forward who played for the Jr. B National Champion Suffolk PAL (Met) last season. In 41 games last season with Suffolk PAL Jesse had 44 goals and 50 assists for a total of 94 points. Currently, Jesse is leading the Breakers in scoring with 8 goals and 8 assists in 13 games.

“I am very excited about attending Bentley College and playing NCAA Div. I College Hockey next year. Bentley is a great fit for me both academically and athletically. The rest of this season I am going to focus on getting stronger and improving my play,” stated Petito.

“Jesse’s potential right now is limitless. He’s had the ability to score timely goals for us this season. It’s tough to find pure goal scorers and that is what I would classify Jesse as. We are excited about having Jesse as an alumnus,” stated Breakers Head Coach David McCauley.

“Playing here at Bay State for Coach McCauley has been a great experience. It’s evident that he cares about every player on the team and commits to making us better as players and individuals. I can already tell that I am getting stronger from the on-ice practices and the off-ice training designed for us,” added Petito.

(Nathan also is a writer for Maineiacs Post to Post and the Maine Hockey Journal. He can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: