Friday, November 19, 2010

Black Bears Came Calling; Pecararo Answered

My Story

Press Release

We are thrilled to announce that Liam Pecararo has committed to the University of Maine for the 2014 season. Liam joins teammate Ryan Clonnan as a recent Maine commitment and will be at the Orono Campus to play with Advantage Alumni Brian Harris and Cam Brown.

Liam is an extremely intelligent hockey mind that has a terrific skill set. He is a crafty forward who skates very well. He has the ability to excite when he has the puck.

Liam started skating with Tim & Joe Lovell 6 or 7 years ago at various skill sessions and over the summers at the Lovell Hockey Development Program. He joined the Boston Advantage U14 program last season and this season he is on the Advantage Midget Minor team that plays in the highly competitive and talent filled Tier I Elite Hockey League.

"Liam is a dynamic player that should be a fan favorite at Maine" noted Tim Lovell. "I know he will fit right into the Maine Tradition. I have had Liam for a long time, this is a great day for all of us and I am proud of him. Knowing what kind of player he is, Liam will continue to focus on his skill development and will be challenging himself to become the player Maine wants, we want him to be but more importantly the player he wants to be."

Liam Pecararo shared that "being the first 1996 recruit is exciting". "I always followed Maine because of Tim. When I visited I knew it would be a great opportunity for me. I have had great instructors, coaches and mentors in Tim, Joe Lovell, Jeff Connolly and Joe Bracken, thanks to everyone."

Liam picked Maine over a few other Hockey East schools and had some interest from the CCHA.

"Liam has the ability to be a special player someday" noted Joe Lovell. "He has been with us for a few years so this is a special commitment for all of us."

Liam is the first 1996 birthyear to have committed to college. His goal is to continue to work to be in a position to play for the NTDP and or USHL while helping the Advantage compete in the Tier I Elite Hockey League.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: