Friday, November 19, 2010

Cloonan To Call Alfond Arena Home

My Story

Press Release

We are excited to announce that Ryan Cloonan has committed to the University of Maine Blackbears for the 2013 or 2014 season. Cloonan has decided to join former Advantage players Brian Harris and Cam Brown at the Orono campus.

Ryan is a smooth skating, smart, skilled and crafty 1995 born forward who came to the Advantage from the Eaglebrook School this past Spring. Ryan has played on both our Midget Minor and Major teams this season. In 23 games played with the Minor team he has 7g 16a and in 8 games with the Major team he has 1g 8a. Ryan competes and always has the puck or is around the puck or is creating plays.

"Ryan will be a terrific addition to Maine's tradition of hockey excellence" noted Tim Lovell, owner & GM of the Advantage who himself was a Blackbear. "Ryan is a throwback type of player that played at Maine a few years before I played there and during my time at Maine. He is a dynamic player who skates extremely well. We are excited for Ryan and the Cloonan family."

Ryan committed to our Midget Minor team this past Spring and came to our Development Camp all summer.

Ryan's Advantage Coach and former Boston College player Jeff Connolly commented that "coaching someone of Ryan's ability and personality is easy. He is passionate about the game and consistently wants to elevate his talent & play to the next level. Ryan is extremely exciting to watch skate, handle the puck and make plays that only he can."

Ryan decided on Maine over a few other Hockey East and ECAC schools. "After my visit two weekends ago I fell in love with the atmophere, tradition, coaching staff, fans and players. I felt that this would be a great home for me so I decided to commit." Ryan added, "Maine's hockey tradition is exactly what I want to be a part of. I'd like to thank Coach Whitehead, Coach Kerluke and Coach Corkum for giving me this opportunity." He finished by saying "My Advantage Coaches Jeff, Tim, Joe L and Joe B have been extremely supportive of me since I started with them back in the Spring. They have worked hard to help me develop into the player I want to be, that Maine wants me to be. Thanks so much!"

We are excited for Ryan and his future. Congrats Ryan and best of luck as you continue your play with us over the next few seasons and with your future!

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: