Wednesday, March 30, 2011

MARSH ACCEPTS NCAA OFFER FROM CLARKSON

Press Release

Burlington Cougars forward Patrick Marsh (photo credit - Izak Westgate/HHOF) has confirmed his commitment to play for the Clarkson University Golden Knights beginning with the 2011-12 ECAC season.

The native of Oakville, Ontario, finished fifth in OJHL scoring during the 2010-11 season with 98 points, second on the Cougars scoring chart. His totals included 41 goals, fourth best in the league, and 57 assists, sixth best in the league, along with eight game-winning goals, tied with teammate Phil Brewer for the most among all players. Playing in his second OJHL season, Marsh helped the Cougars capture the West Division regular season title and was named a North-West Conference 2nd Team All-Star.

Marsh was clearly ecstatic with his most recent hockey decision, "I couldn't be happier. I'm very excited to be attending Clarkson University. In addition to having one of the finest college hockey programs in the country, Clarkson is nationally recognized for their academics. I was very impressed with my official visit, which led me to make my final decision. The coaching staff and school professors were first class. I know quite a few players in the OJHL that have played for and against the Clarkson Knights and I look forward to competing with them in the next four years."

Congratulations to Patrick and best of luck next season and in the future!

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: