Monday, May 23, 2011

BRUCKEL GOES FROM HITMAN TO ST. LAWRENCE

Press Release

Wayne, NJ- The Jersey Hitmen are proud to announce that Justin Bruckel has committed to St Lawrence University for the fall of 2011. The Geneseo, NY, native had an outstanding season with the Hitmen putting up a 22-30-52 scoring line in 43 games, good for sixth on the Hitmen in scoring and tied for 18th in the EJHL. Bruckel's season was highlighted with two EJHL player of the week honors and a four goal game on February 5 versus the CD Selects.

"Justin is a tremendous skater that possesses an amazing shot off the wing," commented coach Harris. "He was a very steadying force up front this season and extremely consistent in scoring when we needed it. He is very well liked by his teammates and came to work every day both on and off the ice. Coach Marsh and Hurlbut are getting a special player."

Bruckel, a 1990 birth date, who played in the USHL and NAHL prior to coming to the EJHL, did not go more than four games this season without scoring a goal once he lit the lamp on October 22nd. He attributes this consistency to his training this season.

"I am so glad that I made the choice to come to Jersey," said Bruckel. "The coaching staff was amazing! The attention to detail in practice plans, game strategy and most importantly the philosophy here with the Hitmen really took my game to the next level. It was the best decision I made, I loved everything about Jersey and am so grateful to have played for such an amazing program. I will never forget my time in Jersey, the lessons I learned and the people I met, I am really looking forward to forwarding my hockey career at St Lawrence."

Bruckel went on to say, "on top of thanking coach Harris and Hunt, I need to thank the Siffringers (Bruckel's billet family), Mr Reiss (Hitmen owner) and my teammates, but most of all my family. They afforded me the opportunity to attain my dream of playing division one college hockey and I am so thankful for their support in all of my decisions."

Bruckel is the twentieth player from the 2010-2011 Hitmen organization to commit to college. He will join former Hitmen captain, Mark Armstrong, in Canton, NY next season.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: