Monday, May 30, 2011

Royals’ DiChiara Signs with St. Louis Bandits of the NAHL

Press Release

Long Island Royals’ Frank DiChiara, the MET League’s Scoring Champ and MVP, has signed with the Saint Louis Bandits of the NAHL. The Bandits have won the NAHL championship 3 out the last 4 years (07,08 and 09), and the hope is that the signing of Dichiara, along with some key draft picks, can help bring them back to the championship game.

Dichiara, who has high expectations for his future, sees the Bandits as a great stepping stone to accomplish his hockey and academic goals.

"There is a natural growth in hockey that you have to follow,” said DiChiara. “Each step you take leads to another. The opportunity to play for Coach Brown and the Bandits will go a long way in helping me reach my goals. I hope during the course of this upcoming season to commit to a D-I college and follow a path that, I hope, leads me to the NHL - my ultimate dream.”

Dichiara who graduates this year from high school has a 4.0 GPA and is in the top 10% of his class. This MET League All Star and Keegan Cup Champ has a bright future and we hope that the path he is on leads to continued success.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: