Monday, May 23, 2011

STROUD TO SACRED HEART

Press Release

Wayne, NJ- The Jersey Hitmen are proud to announce that Brandon Stroud has committed to Sacred Heart University for the fall of 2011. A native of Evansville, IN, Stroud came to the EJHL and the Hitmen after a season in the NAHL. Stroud made the move for, "exposure and development," and the move paid off. Finishing 14th in EJHL scoring, and fifth in Hitmen scoring, Stroud put up a 25-27-52 line in 41 games. On top of that Stroud was the MVP of the EJHL all-star game scoring 2 goals and adding an assist in the winter classic.

The hard skating forward was a jack of all trades for the Hitmen scoring six power play goals, three short handed goals and four game winning goals.

"Brandon is the type of guy that you have on the ice late with a one goal lead, or down a goal," commented coach Harris. "We actually recruited Brandon in 09-10, but he decided to go in a different direction. About 5 games into last season he told me he wished he had come a year earlier but that he was going to make the most of his last year." That he did, earning the Hitmen's fourteenth division one commitment and 21st college placement.

At 5'10 and 185 pounds, Stroud, has a tremendous shot and is extremely hard to knock off the puck. He is also a tremendous penalty killer with a really good understanding of the game.

"I really learned a lot this year," commented Stroud. "I learned this year a lot about how talent can only take you so far. With the Hitmen I transformed my body, learned how to eat the right way, and push my limits off ice with our intense off ice training sessions. The Hitmen was exactly what I needed to take my game to the next level and earn a DI deal. I want to thank coach Harris so much for continuing to recruit me and have confidence in me to grow my game, and coach Hunt for staying on me during the sprints and hill work."

Stroud went on to say, "Coming to the Hitmen and the EJHL was the best decision I could have made. The culture, the attention to detail in all that we did, everything was run professionally, and they got the most out of me. I am so excited to be a Pioneer. I would like to thank my parents so much for affording me the opportunity to attain my division one dream. They supported me financially, mentally, emotionally and I owe so much to them, they are so happy that I will be going to Sacred Heart."

Stroud will join Hitmen assistant captain Brian Sheehan at Sacred Heart and will be the third Hitman to attend SHU in the past four seasons as ex-Hitmen captain, Evan 'Chip' Mladenoff (Sacred Heart captain 10-11), graduated in 2011.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: