Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Acadie-Bathurst Titan and Réal Paiement terminate their association

Press Release

The Acadie-Bathurst Titan and Réal Paiement announced today that they have terminated the contract that linked both parties until 2013. From a mutual accord, both parties have decided to part ways effective immediately.

Mr. Paiement has accepted the head coaching position at the University of Ottawa.

“I’d like to thank Mr. Léo-Guy Morrissette and his family for their support and comprehension during the course of our association, the fantastic Titan fans as well as the great community of Northern N.B. Also, thank you to the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and the Canadian Hockey League for having provided me with an environment which was favorable to my development and my progress as a coach. The decision to leave the Titan organization was a hard one to make for myself and my family. However, my association with Monique and Denis Boudreau and “the Réal Paiement Hockey Program” will allow me to return in the region at lease once a year and this for many years to come.”

“The Titan organization couldn’t refuse Réal’s request. He will probably have a chance to advance his career and our policy has always been to not interfere in our coach’s chances for advancement,” said team President Léo-Guy Morrissette.

(Nathan can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: