Thursday, November 22, 2012

Storm Defenseman Chooses Yale University

Press Release

Tri-City Storm defenseman Josh McArdle has officially accepted an offer to attend school and play hockey at Yale University next season.

“Yale is always where I’ve wanted to go, and it’s a big opportunity for me,” McArdle said.  “I can’t wait to be a Bulldog in the future and finally getting this offer that I’ve been waiting for is pretty exciting.”
The 18-year-old native of Roscoe, Illinois has played ten games for the Storm this season and picked up one assist.  It is his second season in the USHL after collecting five points (1g, 4a) in 45 games last season for the Storm.

“Visiting there was a big thing for me, and the school itself is amazing. The group of guys that I met were great.  I only knew them for two days, and they treated me like I was one of their own.”
When he enrolls next fall, McArdle will be with one of his current teammates, Storm forward Tim Bonner.
“Bones [Bonner] and I are pretty good friends,” McArdle said.  “Since last year when I first talked to Yale and he was already committed, we’ve always joked about being teammates for four more years.  He was actually one of the first guys I called; he was so excited.  Maybe we’ll have an apartment together and have a nice future. It’ll be a good time.”

Six other USHL players are also committed to Yale University; Frank DiChiara (Dubuque Fighting Saints), Alex Lyon (Omaha Lancers), Joe Snively (Sioux City Musketeers), John Hayden (Team USA), Ryan Hitchcock (Team USA), and Patrick Spano (Youngstown Phantoms).

Yale University is a member of the ECAC and the Ivy League school has 10 USHL alumni on the roster this season; Josh Balch (Chicago/Des Moines), Anthony Day (Waterloo/Sioux Falls), Tommy Fallen (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders), Matt Killian (Team USA), Nick Maricic (Tri-City Storm), Andrew Miller (Chicago Steel), Ryan Obuchowski (Indiana Ice), Connor Wilson (Chicago Steel), Stu Wilson (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders), and Mitch Witek (Waterloo Black Hawks).


(Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: