Thursday, April 25, 2013

Baxandall Commits to University of Massachusetts Amherst

Press Release

The Drumheller Dragons are pleased to announce that 20 year old forward Brennan Baxandall has committed to the University of Massachusetts Amherst for the 2013-14 season.

Baxandall, a 1992-born, 6’2”, 205 pound defenseman from Calgary, Alberta finished his 3rd season with the Dragons.  Brennan wore the C for the Dragons this past year and in his 49 games played had 11 goals, 23 assists for a total of 34 points and 131 penalty minutes.  Brennan played one game in the 2009-2010 season, then joined the team in the 2010-2011 season, in his career as a Dragon, Brennan has 159 games played, with 21 goals, 48 assists for a total of 69 points and 350 penalty minutes.

Dragons Head Coach Brian Curran had this to say about Baxandall’s recent commitment, “I wish Brennan all the success possible!!  To watch his growth as a player and also as a leader was a pleasure.  I believe he will be an outstanding collegiate player and with his potential and growth curve who knows where he might end up.  Good luck Brennan!!”

Baxandall had this to say about his decision, “I am thrilled to be joining the UMass Amherst Minutemen next season making the jump to the next level and beginning school.  I would like to thank all my family, friends and teammates for believing in me and helping get me here.  I would also like to thank the Drumheller Dragons organization for a great three years and all of my coaches for helping me develop.  Thanks again to my outstanding billets and the fans in the town.”

The Dragons organization would like to congratulate Brennan and his family and wish him all the best in his future athletic and academic endeavors.

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: