Friday, July 26, 2013

Pair of Lumberjacks Draft Picks Make College Commitments

Press Release

MUSKEGON, Michigan (July 26th) – The Muskegon Lumberjacks are excited to announce that a pair of defensemen and 2013 draft picks have recently made their college commitments as Connor Frantti will play for the Northern Michigan Wildcats out of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA), while Cameron Lee will suit up for the Providence Friars out of the Hockey East Association.

Connor Frantti, the Spring Grove, Illinois native, was selected by the Lumberjacks in 16th round at 233rd overall in the 2013 USHL Phase Two Draft and recently concluded his high school hockey career with Culver Military Academy in Culver, Indiana.

“The campus was beautiful, and the coaching staff treated me very well during my visit there,” said Frantti. “Northern Michigan is a perfect fit for me both athletically and academically, and I am excited for my future in the next couple of years both with the Lumberjacks and Wildcats.”

The future Wildcat is on the Lumberjacks’ active roster for the upcoming season and will be competing for a spot on the team beginning in late August.

Cameron Lee, the Ferguson’s Cove, Nova Scotia native, was the selected by Muskegon in the fourth round at 53rd overall in the 2013 USHL Phase One Draft and recently finished his sophomore season at Northwood School in Lake Placid, New York totaling 17 points (eight goals and nine assists) in 37 games played.

“After my visit (to Providence), I felt like it was the best fit for me not just as a hockey player, but as a student-athlete overall,” said Lee. “I enjoyed the overall vibe of the community, and the coaching staff made me feel right at home. I am also excited for the new renovations that are taking place on campus including upgrades to the locker rooms.”

The future Friar will be on Muskegon’s affiliate list to start the season and is expected to play in a handful of games with the Lumberjacks at some point in the season. He will be returning to Northwood School this fall for his junior year of high school.

(Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: