Saturday, May 18, 2013

Grolla Accepts Division I Scholarship to AIC

Press Release

The Notre Dame Jr A Hounds are proud to announce that Captain, and Defenseman Carson Grolla has accepted an NCAA scholarship offer from American International College (AIC) for next season. AIC plays in the Atlantic Hockey Conference and are coming off a 12-17-6 record in the 2012-13 season. AIC had a very competitive season, as evidenced by their 2-1 win over NCAA Final 4 participant, Quinnipiac University.

Grolla is a 7 year Hound, and the 2011-12 SJHL Defenseman of the Year. Not only has he been a contributor to the Hounds' hockey program over the years, but he also been a positive influence to the many students on campus.

Grolla looks forward to the challenges of playing Division I hockey next season at the Springfield, MA, based school, but will surely miss Wilcox.

"I'm very excited to be joining AIC for the upcoming season, the team did well last year and I hope I can help them to do even better in the upcoming Years. I have to thank everyone at Notre Dame for all the help and guidance over the last seven years, I wouldn't be where I am today with out them all. I'm excited to start the next chapter of my life in the fall."

Head Coach/GM Kevin White has known Grolla and coached him for parts of those 7 years in Wilcox. "We are proud of Carson and congratulate him on his scholarship to American International College. Carson was our captain and leader, and was with our Jr A program for 4 years. The entire Notre Dame family are very proud and wish Carson the best in both his academic and athletic pursuits!"

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: