Friday, October 25, 2013

Chaz Switzer commits to Miami (Ohio) University

Press Release

MUSKEGON, Michigan (October 24th) – The Muskegon Lumberjacks are proud to announce that Defenseman Chaz Switzer has made his college choice as he has committed to play for the Miami (Ohio) University Redhawks out of the newly-formed National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) following his junior career.

Switzer, the Muskegon, Michigan native, signed a three-year tender with the Lumberjacks in October of 2012 after spending the previous three seasons in the Compuware Hockey Program based out of Plymouth Township, Michigan totaling 1 goal and 17 assists in 72 games played.

“After visiting the campus and meeting with the coaching staff, I felt that Miami (Ohio) was the perfect fit for me because it is close to home and I like how they develop their defensemen,” said Switzer.  “It will also help that I will have one of my good friends and former Compuware teammate Gordie Green playing alongside me at college.  I am excited to become a member of ‘The Brotherhood.’”

This season, Switzer has appeared in four regular season games with the Lumberjacks and also played in all five preseason games recording two assists to go along with a plus-one rating.

 (Nathan can be reached at nathanfournier@mainehockeyjournal.com)

No comments: