Thursday, May 14, 2009

Steeling the Show

Yesterday, I was paying attention to the USHL Draft. I would check the site every 15 minutes or so. By 7pm I loss my attention span for it and started to pay attention to the Pittsburgh Penguins-Washington Capitals game which was about to start. During the night, I checked the USHL Draft final results. Nothing stood out to me until I went Illegal Curve:


Illegalcurve.com is proud to be the first media outlet to report that seventeen
year old female goaltender Alex Rigsby, formerly of the Milwaukee Junior
Admirals, and the United States Women’s Under 18 program, has been drafted in
round 16, 199th overall in the United States Hockey League entry draft.

The Chicago Steel selected the young women. She represented the United States at the Women's World Under-18 Championships. In February, she committed to play for the Wisconsin Badgers.

It's obvious she has talent. I hope for nothing but the best and I hope she takes the opportunity to try to make the Steel. The team believes she's good enough to be drafted. She has played at high level against boys. If she doesn't make the cut, she still can say I practiced against the very best junior hockey players in the United States.

That's My Take


(Nathan also is a writer for Maineiacs Post to Post and the Maine Hockey Journal. He can be reached at fourniern@students.nescom.edu)

No comments: